ENGINE ROOM PERSONNEL EVALUATION
This evaluation is tailored to help companies compile information that will help ascertain whether a person is suited for a certain position in the engine room.
Objective: To record a person’s ability, reactions, and attitude in relation to the safe and efficient operations and maintenance of engine room equipment.
- Engine Lubricating and Cleaning System
- Lube Oil Cleaning System: high speed centrifugal separators, heaters (electric and steam), and positive displacement pumps.
- Engine Lube Oil Supply System: pumps, heat exchanger (plate, shell and tube, CBM), filters, and thermostatic valve
- Fuel Oil Cleaning System and Treatment System
- Fuel Oil Cleaning System: high speed centrifugal separators, heaters (electric and steam), and positive displacement pumps.
- Engine Fuel Oil Supply System: pumps, heater, and viscosity controller.
- Central Cooling System
- plate heat exchangers, CB heat exchangers, shell and tube heat exchanges, and centrifugal pumps and filters.
- Engine Room Cooling Water System: coolers, centrifugal pumps, and thermostat controlled by-pass valve.
- Fresh Water Production Systems
- Fresh Water Generator System: sea water pump, air brine ejector, evaporator/condenser unit, fresh water pump, and water meter.
Procedure: (Total duration of all procedures should take 5-6 hours)
The candidate will be asked a set of questions and also given several tasks. The candidate answers each task or question by going to the said equipment and by using the equipment demonstrate their answer.
From their response the candidate will be given a score. The score has a grade of:
“0” – for the limited knowledge
“2.5” – satisfactory knowledge
“5” – competent knowledge
Report: A report covering all findings will be submitted to the company. Together with a recommendation of either:
- Not recommended for employment
- Employ at a lower rank
- Employ at present rank
- Employ at the rank applied for
Cost: USD70 + VAT
Location: NTC-M and UMTC