Alfa Laval Marine and Power
Operation and Maintenance of Ship's Fuel, Lube Oil, and Central Cooling Systems
This training is tailored to meet the needs of all engine room personnel. Our training focuses on systems rather than individual equipment. All installed equipment is manufactured by Alfa Laval.
Objective: To deliver up-to-date, realistic training that provides knowledge, confidence, and competence for safe and cost effective operation of the auxiliary machinery systems.
After successfully completing this training, students will have the necessary competency to:
- Understand the various systems and how each piece of equipment in the system has an impact on other equipment in the system
- Operate the system in manual and automatic mode
- Understand the responsibilities and duties needed in operating the various systems
- Engine Lubricating and Cleaning System
- Lube Oil Cleaning System: high speed centrifugal separators, heaters (electric and steam), and positive displacement pumps
- Engine Lube Oil Supply System: pumps, heat exchanger (plate, shell and tube, CBM), filters, thermostatic valve
- Fuel Oil Cleaning System and Treatment System
- Fuel Oil Cleaning System: high speed centrifugal separators, heaters (electric and steam), and positive displacement pumps
- Engine Fuel Oil Supply System: pumps, heater, viscosity controller
- Central Cooling System
- plate heat exchangers, CB heat exchangers, shell and tube heat exchanges, centrifugal pumps and filters
- Engine room cooling water system: coolers, centrifugal pumps and thermostat controlled by-pass valve
- Fresh Water Production System
- Fresh Water Generator System: sea water pump, air brine ejector, evaporator/condenser unit, fresh water pump, and water meter
Methodology: A practical hands-on-training is used to the maximum possible advantage. This training is interwoven with the use of training videos, lectures, and discussions. Each student receives their own set of course notes. To receive a passing grade, each student must successfully complete a 50 question assignment as well as a 50 question examination.
Certificates: Issued to candidates who successfully pass the final evaluation.
Duration of the Course: Five days
Location: NTC-M and UMTC